DIGITAL DENTAL X-RAYS IN LA JOLLA
Serving the San Diego Area
From diagnosis to treatment, Dr. Jacob Russell actively implements the latest, most advanced technology to provide his patients the best service for their dental health and aesthetic needs. During your consultation at our La Jolla office, Dr. Russell will use digital dental X-rays to determine what dentistry services could benefit you.
To learn more about digital dental X-rays and other technology we use, please call Jacob Russell, DDS, at (858) 459-4113 today. Our office provides a wide range of diagnostic and treatment options to patients in La Jolla and surrounding San Diego communities.
Role of Dental X-Rays
X-rays are a critical tool for identifying oral health issues early, as well as tracking the development of teeth and the structures supporting your entire mouth. Some X-rays are taken inside of the mouth while others are focused on the outside of your face.
Key things Dr. Russell will look for when you get X-rays at our La Jolla office are:
- Tooth decay, especially in areas that are hard to spot with the naked eye
- The health of tooth roots and your jaw bone
- The presence of issues like gum disease, abscesses, and more
- Integrity of fillings and other restorations
- Misalignment of the bite
The frequency with which X-rays are necessary will vary. Patients who are at a low risk for dental health issues can go a year or more without X-rays, while high-risk patients might need to undergo a screening every six months.
During your initial consultation with Dr. Russell, digital dental X-rays will likely be taken to determine the state of your oral health and discuss improvements you’d like to make. Instead of a large X-ray machine, our technology uses a small digital sensor to examine your mouth.
Why Digital Dental X-Rays
Dr. Russell is committed to your safety and providing superior service. Digital X-rays benefit patients in a number of ways, including:
- 90% reduction in radiation exposure, which is better for your body
- Better resolution means better, more accurate diagnosis
- Results of the scan can be brought up almost instantly on a chairside computer
- Dr. Russell can zoom in, highlight, and adjust contrast of the image to illustrate your discussion
- If you need treatment from a specialist, Dr. Russell can simply send a digital copy before your appointment
After you and Dr. Russell have discussed the information from your X-rays and initial exam, you can begin talking about additional steps. No matter what treatment you decide to undergo, Dr. Russell and his staff will continue to use the best technology and proven techniques for your care.
Please contact Jacob Russell, DDS today to schedule your appointment. Dr. Russell is a longtime La Jolla dentist who welcomes new and returning patients throughout the San Diego area.